MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 28 January 2018

BUTTERFLY CHALLENGE 93......X IS FOR EXTRA FOLD AND THE COLOUR PEACOCK


Hi, and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

I do hope you are having a good weekend, and the weather is being kind to you all.
It's dull and damp in my part of Kent at the moment.

Yesterday I decided to get cracking on my Butterfly Challenge entry as I do like to enter if I can.
Now the colour Peacock was a challenge too.
Decided to go with a Z Fold card again for the extra fold.



2 Different views of this card.
I knew I had that lovely big butterfly with the colour Peacock on that my sister bought me.
Then I remembered some mirri card which I thought was the same colour.
To make sure the colour was right I also used a waste snippet die cut to ink through to give me the look of stamped leaves. 
The doily was cut from snippets, and also the leaves were too.
Finally I stamped a verse from a freebie stamp with Ocean iZink dye ink on more snippets, and mounted it on more snippets of silver mirri card.

Thank you so much for you visit, and your precious time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.

28 comments:

KandA said...

Wonderful card Jenny and the butterfly is stunning xx

Lia said...

That butterfly is so amazing and a ytrue focal point on your gorgeaous card. I never made a Z-fold card and have to give it a try. You are inspiring me!!
Lia xx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

schitterende kaart met een prachtige vlinder
Groetjes Gerrie

Di said...

Fabulous card Jenny - I do love Z fold cards, they always look so professional. And the butterfly is just amazing - Mrs A will absolutely LOVE it!

Hugs

Di xx

meg said...

Stunning make Jenny, love the die cuts on the narrow length and the wonderful butterfly

Lisa said...

This is so stunning, Jenny!! I love the z fold!! The butterfly is spectacular!! I love the colors!! What a gorgeous card this is!! I love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

pam said...

Stunning card Jenny,one of my favourite shapes at the moment, love the ecoration and colours.
Hugs Pam x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, I love this card !! The colours are gorgeous, the butterfly and doily are gorgeous, and I absolutely love, love, love how you have used the waste from the die-cut leaf stems to ink through, fantastically effective.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Jenny your butterfly is so beautiful !!! Love the Z fold style which showcases it so beautifully
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Chris said...

Beautiful design and the butterfly is stunning!
Chris
x

Claire said...

Hello Jenny, your card is very luxurious with that amazing butterfly and the blue mirri really makes a pop. I love all the shades of blue which compliment each other x

Mia said...

Wow, Jenny! Your card is stunning!!!!!!!! Beautiful bright colours and I love the quote! Kisses, my friend.

Kathleen said...

Hi Jenny, absolutely super card and love the paper and the leaf die, great shape of card and a really lovely sparkly Butterfly.

Kath x

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Fantastic shaped card. Great idea to do the stencilling with the cut out waste.
Good luck in the challenge.
Ang x

Liz said...

Beautiful card, Jenny. The butterfly is amazing and I love how you've stencilled the leaves to match the white die cut leaves - very clever idea. xx

Craftyhugs said...

Hi jenny. Loving this card and the folds are just perfect. This is one style I've not done yet. May I ask where you got your patterned paper from ? It's just beautiful. Thank you for telling me about the DT team. I can't wait to start. Hope you're well?
Love
Sharon xx

Mrs A. said...

Wow Jenny, your peacock butterfly is superb and just so perfect for the challenge. I like your z fold shape with the extra fold placed to the bottom of the card which suits the leaf design so well. A great card. Thank you for fluttering into the garden . Hugs Mrs A. A

Brenda said...

I haven't tried this type of card yet Jenny, but so want to. I love yours and I am loving the colors of this card! I love the design on the paper you did and I love that butterfly. Hugs, Brenda

Unknown said...

Stunning card Jenny, love the stencilling to match your white die cut leaves fab idea and that butterfly is gorgeous !
Thank you for the prompt towards the Rudolf challenge, I popped over and entered :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Jane Willis said...

Fantastic card! I love that huge butterfly, and what a great idea it was to use the die cutting waste as a stencil, I must remember that trick.
Jane - Butterfly Challenge guest designer

Patricia said...

Good morning Jenny,
Another of your great cards plus a sharing idea.
I must remember to use some of my cut out waste as stencils more often.
Have a great day
Patricia xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card it is just so pretty. I love the colours and the butterfly is so pretty. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cuilliesocks said...

Wow Jenny your card is gorgeous, wonderful design and colours, I love the butterfly, Kate x x

Cara said...

A gorgeous card and that butterfly was just perfect. Great idea to use the die waste as a stencil x

MaryH said...

I always love fold cards as they surely challenge me! This butterfly looks like a jewel perched on the delicate doily, such pretty sparkle of colors. I like the way you've used the mirror card - it is a perfect accompaniment to the beautiful butterfly too. Like the leaf motif as well, and clever you, to fit this great card into several challenges! Hope you are feeling much better now. TFS & Hugs

Sue said...

Such a stunning card my lovely fairy godmother it's totally sparkly and gorgeous!!! lots of huggles and sloppies xxxx Sue xxxxxxx

Sarah said...

Wow Jenny that beaded butterfly is spectacular and it makes that card very special indeed and deserves such an elaborate card design too. Time seems to be running away from me at the moment and I am getting very little crafty time and I am desperate to try some unusual folds...I have a pop up box die set that I am itching to try!! xx

Pamellia said...

Wow Jenny, what a gorgeous card! I love the bright blue, it's so cheery! The fancy layout is wonderfully unique and that beaded butterfly is spectacular! What a stunning creation! hugs :)