MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Tuesday 8 August 2017

CAMPER VAN BIRTHDAY CARD


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

Not been feeling to well lately, and my RLS has been playing me up, this keeps me up a lot at night, and sometimes when I'm sitting at the computer so sorry if I have been missing for a few days.


All went well with the fete on the weekend at my Daughter's works.
She is a manager for a charity that looks after people with learning difficulties, and they hold a fete every year to raise awareness of peoples learning problems, and to fund raise to help with costs of things their clients like to do.
This could be like last year an outside Gym or, Outings to Concerts, or Theatre, and maybe items for their communal lounge.
I always donate my takings to them, and it's wonderful to see them every year enjoying the fete. 
Didn't do so well this year as it was just one day, and the weather was very showery off, and on, but I left a box of cards for staff, and visitors to perhaps buy over the next few months so they can get more funds.

So at long last my card for today, it is one I made for one of my  Daughter's  colleagues that buys a few cards throughout the year for special occasions.




This is a 8"x8" size card, and bag I decorated to match.
I was asked to include a Camper Van as she loves them, and a photo of her also.
I originally thought of putting her photo inside the camper van, but the photo of head was too big to do that, and as that was sent to me with the request that is how I had to use it.
I used lots of Snippets for the decoupaged flowers, and the corners
that I had left from another card I made, as the paper was 12x12.
The butterflies are also made from snippets by my good blog friend Wendy L.
The bag has a different paper on it as I ran out of the Snippets, but the paper was very similar.

Thank you so much for your visit, and precious time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

24 comments:

meg said...

Love the card Jenny how nice to be able to include the recipients photo, pity the weather was showery at your daughter's fete, I hope your cards are snapped up and add to the funds raised.

Jackie T said...

Hi Jenny this is a stunning card. I am sorry you have been feeling poorly. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Cara said...

Beautiful card, perfectly personalised. Sorry to hear that your RLS has been playing up, it's a horrible condition. I hope it calms down and that you feel a bit better soon x

Liz said...

Super card and bag, Jenny. I love how you've personalised it with the photo. Lovely papers and great camper van.

Shame that the weather was not too good for the fete, but I'm sure the staff and visitors will soon buy the ones you have left for them. xx

Aquarius said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling so good - take care and I hope things look up soon. Great camper van card which I'm sure the recipient will love.

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jennifer, what a wonderful image and fabulous design, lovely matching gift bag too, Kate x

LesleyG said...

Adorable card and bag Jenny, you did well with the request....I always think it's such a challenge...you made it look lots of fun. Sorry you not been feeling well, bit like the weather up and down.....feel better soon and thanks for popping by xxx LesleyG

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous gift set this is!! I love that you personalized it!! The papers are fabulous!! I hope you are feeling much better soon. Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sarah said...

This is such a great card and the lovely matching bag too. I bet she was so pleased with this card. Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Wishing you better days xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, I hope you are feeling better real soon !!
So sorry that the fundraiser was prey to the awful weather, but your box of goodies will certainly help to top up the funds.
I'm loving your card, and Emma will love it too.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a lovely floral card and matching gift bag Jenny, so nice to receive a personalised card. I hope you are feeling better soon too.
Lorraine

Kathleen said...

Really lovely card Jenny, super design and love the flowers and also the papers on the gift bag.
How nice to sell your cards for charity.
Sorry you have not been well but hope that you are ok now.

Kath x

Sue said...

Hope your feeling a lot better now my lovely fairy godmother..I've lent your wand and sprinkled some fairy dust so I hope that helps! Fantastic card my brother loves camper vans too! lots of love and sloppies from the J Household huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chris said...

Sorry you've not been feeling well Jenny, hope you're feeling better soon.
Disappointing when the weather lets you down for an event that people work so hard to put together, particularly when it's for such a good cause...but I think we're used to it here in the UK! It's really kind of you to donate your beautiful cards and I'm sure they'll soon be snapped up.
This is a lovely personalised card, you've combined the requested elements so beautifully!
Take care
hugs
Chris
x

Unknown said...

Both card and bag are wonderful Jenny, I'm sure they were well received :)
Sorry to hear about your restless legs, my mum used to suffer really bad with it too and it used to keep her awake at night. I remember when I was young I used to massage her calves as that was what helped.
Hugs Kaz xxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

How gorgeous and so personalized too...love the way you made the inside too Jenny. Get well soon
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Sarn said...

This looks fantastic Jenny. I'm sure your remaining cards will bring in some more charity funds - they are all so unique.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

What a fabulous card and bag Jenny! So pretty and the camper van is perfect. Sure to be a huge hit! And I bet your lovely cards will raise more funds as well.

Hugs

Di xx

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card Jenny, love this gorgeous campervan. I notice you visit my digital blog but my newest blog, non digital is [aNNie]

Just click onto my name.xxx

Mrs A. said...

Until you said I hadn't even noticed that the papers were different design. Great image of the camper van and bet the recipient of this card loved the personalisation. Sorry to hear you have been under the weather. Hugs Mrs A.

Barb said...

What a pretty card and gift bag Jenny. What a lovely smile your daughter in law has. Sorry the weather wasn't the best for the fete. I'm sure your lovely cards will help to raise extra funds. Barbxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Brilliant personalisation and coordinating gift bag, as usual.
Is that B&M paper? They did some lovely 12x12 pads a few months ago.
Sorry to hear you've been suffering again. Hope it settles down soon.
Thanks for the computer tips. It seems to be behaving at the minute but, we've yet to attempt connecting the printer lol!
Take care.
Ang x

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous card! So pretty and so personal with the photo on. Wonderful! xxx

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Jenny, great idea on the kites, thank you, xxxx

หนังใหม่