MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Monday 31 July 2017

CAMERA CARD


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

I would like to say a big welcome to my newest follower, and thank you so much for your interest in my work.

I do hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and the weather was kind to you.

Today I have a card I have been wanting to make for ages.
I have had the idea wandering around in my head for ages since I bought these new stamps, but for one reason or another never got the time to create it till yesterday.
It was my first time using masking fluid too.
I thought I would try that as I am not very good with cutting out a mask perfectly with my bad eyesight.
I think maybe it left the camera image looking a bit dull.
Perhaps I should have heat embossed it first, and can anyone tell me if I can use masking fluid on top of a heat embossed stamped image, as I'm not sure.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
I started with a white card for my matt and layering, and inked round the edges with DOI in Fossilized Amber, Cracked Pistachio, Worn Lipstick, and Broken China.
Then on my top layer I stamped my camera with Versafine Black Onyx Ink, and masked it, and then stamped my splats with the same colour DOIs.

Thank you so much for your visit and precious time it is much appreciated.
Lots of crafty love. JENNY.

16 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the colorful splatters!! They look amazing!! I've not had very good luck with masking fluid...it never works for me. Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Aquarius said...

Love the colourful background to the camera. I've not tried masking fluid onto embossed areas but it would be worth having a go on a scrap of card to see if it works. Masking with fluid certainly saves a lot of intricate cutting out onto post-it notes which (for me) can be a bit hit or miss. Thanks for following my blog.

KandA said...

What a super sentiment and I love the background xx

Chris said...

Beautiful stamping and masking Jenny! I love the colourful splattered background and your stamps are fabulous!
I've never used masking fluid so I can't help but can't see why it wouldn't work over an embossed image...just try it!
Chris
xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Jenny, love the colourful splats. I have never tried masking fluid, its something I keep meaning to do as I avoid anything that involves masking at the moment. From what I have seen though I would have thought it would work over embossed images
Hugs Kaz xx

Mrs A. said...

I think it gives a lovely faded look like an old photo. Don't know the answer to your question but would certainly recommend trying out on a scrap piece first. Hugs Mrs A.

Cara said...

This is a fabulous card, love how you created the mat to layer it up on. Not experimented with masking fluid yet, I'm still cutting up my post it notes, but interested to hear your experiences x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely fabulous card Jenny, wonderful colours and design, Kate x

Brenda said...

What a fun, fun card Jenny!!! I love all the bright splats and of course that camera. Well done! Hugs, Brenda

Sarah said...

What a fun card Jenny, love the splashes of colour. I have a jar of masking fluid but have never used it...you have inspired me!! xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, I'm loving all the juicy splat stamping, a beautiful card. I'm almost certain that I've seen demo's of masking fluid on top of embossed stamping.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Kathleen said...

What a fantastic card, brilliant image and a really gorgeous background. I am sorry to say but you have lost me on all the technical stuff, don't even know what masking fluid is. Totally love the sentiment.

Kath x

scrappymo! said...

I have never usedmasking fluidso I am no help in that corner...
B ut,,,I love this bold and bright card. The splats of colour look fabulous and I don't mind the look of the camera.

Sue said...

Loving this card my lovely fairy godmother it's fab!!! lots of love and sloppies from us all in the J household huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Great stamp. Very useful for a photography enthusiast.
Can't help about the masking fluid, sorry.
Ang x

Barb said...

I think this is a great card Jenny. I love the coloured splats. That's a very good question. I've never tried masking fluid over embossing. Must give it a go. Barbxx