MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 18 August 2016

MOVING ALONG WITH THE TIMES DT CARD..............CLEAN AND SIMPLE


Hi and welcome to all my very talented friends, and visitors.

It's time for my Design Team card for 
It's the B Teams turn, and the lovely Sue B is our host for this forthnights challenge, and she would like your entries to be Clean and Simple.
We don't have any prizes to offer, but we love to see your wonderful creations, and you could be chosen as one of the top 3.
Now I have to say I did struggle with this one as those of you that know me, know I have to sit on my hands to do a clean and simple card, and I couldn't think of a design to do.
You think putting less on a card would be easy, but not for me.


This is just under 6" in height, and just under 4" in width.
I must say I am not pleased with how this came out.
I bought some Brilliance White Ink to use on it, and it soaked into the card for some reason so I drew around the stamped image with a white gel pen.

Before I go when I was at my daighter's fund raising event there were people there showing owls.
Now as I love owls, and have them dotted all over my house in china form, and pictures of them.
 I just had to go and see them.
Here is a photo of me holding a Barn Owl.
It didn't come out too good as we were surronded by trees, and the photo was taken with a phone.


Thank you so much for your visit.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

20 comments:

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Schitterende kaart Jenny.
Mooie foto met de uil.
Groetjes Gerrie

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
I too twitch at leaving a blank space on a card but you have made a wonderful CAS card.
I have a white gel pen that also makes an appearance when I've stamped with white ink so you're not alone chuck lol!
Love the owl pic. Must have been such a thrill.
Ang x

Wendy L said...

This is gorgeous Jenny, I,m like you though and feel the need to add more and more. Great pic too, xxx

Christine Harrop said...

Now how did I know you would struggle with this challenge Jenny? Well you needn't have worried because it is absolutely lovely!! A great success. Is you stamp a rubber one or a cling? I find I need to put some foam under my paper before I stamp with cling ones because otherwise, as you say, the ink seems to "spread".
I love barn owls but it always reminds me of one that landed inside my front porch some years ago and died a coiuple of yers later. It was ringed and so I contacted them and they came and took it way to examine it - it had been poisoned! So sad" Hugs Christine xx

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh, CAS, I would have run for the hills! You did an amazing job, this card is divine! I just love that shot of you with the owl, I can't believe you got to hold him. So awesome!! have a great day Jenny. hugs :)

Rainey's Craft Room said...

You have risen to the challenge beautifully and mastered this tricky technique of 'leaving some blank space' on your card, well done. I always struggle to achieve this. A lovely picture of you and this magnificent owl, one to treasure.
Lorraine

Chris said...

Oh Jenny, how can you not be pleased with this?! It's gorgeous, elegant and striking with that lovely black/white combo. A beautiful CAS card.
Lovely photo!
Chris
x

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, CAS is not something that I can do, but your CAS card is dramatic, and gorgeous !! I love it.
Your picture with the Barn Owl is lovely.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

cuilliesocks said...

Well Jenny, I love the card, unusual to see a white on black colour theme, it's gorgeous. You need not have worried, as it's perfect for a case card.
Lovely photo of you and the owl. Beautiful creatures,Kate x

Mrs A. said...

CAS and single layer are two styles I try and steer away from but you have come up trumps here. Really striking. We visited a wild bird sanctuary back in July and owls were the birds they were flying on the day we went. Hugs Mrs A.

Barb said...

Hi Jenny, Well I think your CAS card looks lovely and very stylish. The photo of you with the owl is super. We used to have one which often sat in the big tree at our last house. Barbxx

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, great card. I too struggled with less is more effect. I love owls and the one you're photographed with is a smasher. Btw I did your butterflies in crochet, but I thought about making them into brooches. Janice xx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Sue B said...

Wow! I love this card so much Jenny… it's perfect CAS… so classy and elegant. I know CAS cards aren't easy at all… they take a lot of time and planning just to make them look simple! I'm still learning with them.
Thanks for all your lovely comments, I really do appreciate them
I love owls too btw.. especially barn owls… how amazing to actually hold one.. this is such a fab photo :-)
Love and hugs, Sue B xx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Jenny. I am no good at CAS . I have to put a flower on everything. Lovely photograph.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Jenny, I like the stamp and the bow, that picture is beautiful
Kevin xx

Kathleen said...

Really lovely card, love the black and white and a great image.
The worst thing about being a DT member is having to do what is out of your comfort zone but you have done a great job.
Lovely photo, my Son-In-Law would have loved to have been there as he loves owls.

Kath x

pam said...

Love your CAS card Jenny, I would also struggle, but you have done a wonderful make.
Lovely photo of you with the owl.
Pam x

Liz said...

Beautiful CAS, Jenny. I'm sure this took you way out of your comfort zone. I love the white on black.
Great photo of you with the owl too. xx

Sarah said...

You've nailed the Clean and Simple Jenny!! Black and white always looks so grown up and the white gel pen actual,you looks brilliant and gives definition to the stamped image. What a beautiful photograph of you with that darling barn owl. They have such pretty faces. We have a pair in our trees who call to each other at night, which can be a bit eerie. I've never seen them though!! xx

LesleyG said...

Love the simplicity, and you did a fine job with the gel pen. I have resorted to using white embossing powder on top, as the white ink is fine for chalky effect, but too soft and undefined. Lovely photo, can tell by your smile how happy you were to hold the owl :) xxx