MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Thursday 10 March 2016

MY TRY AT SHABBY CHIC AND A BIT OF MIXED MEDIA

Hi and welcome to all my craft loving friends, and visitors.
Thank you so much for your visit, and time.
I very much appreciate it.

Today I have a card I made to try out some Shabby Chic, and Mixed Media combined.
I hope you like it.



This is a 8"x8" size card.
The paper is from Magnolia Lane paper pad.
I distressed the edges, and used Victorian Velvet DI to ink the edges.
The images are from the paper pad also, and I just added some lace, and die cuts to the edges.
I made the flower and the leaves to match the image of the Magnolia.
My Trio for the challenge is 3 leaves, and 3 Happy Birthday greetings.

Thank you again for your visit.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY. 

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.
http://frillyandfunkie.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/lets-make-it-trio.html 

23 comments:

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, You should do much more 'shabby chic', you have 'nailed it', this card is gor-ge-ous !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow Jenny this is gorgeous! Love your shabby chic style here, looks like you're a natural. A very pretty design and fabulous papers.
Lorraine

Sarn said...

Hi Jenny . . . well I just totally LOVE this card. It's FANTASTIC. I am all for a few splatters as you know!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jean said...

This really pretty Jenny, I love the splatters and the lace used to enhance the lovely paper and images.
Jean x

Алексровер Анна said...

Jenny, love your shabby card! So stylish! It is beautiful like a blossom garden in spring!!!!

Liz said...

Your shabby chic card is really lovely. I never know where to start with this type if card - it takes me totally out of my comfort zone! xxx

Wendy L said...

This looks fab Jenny, I enjoyed doing mine but I do feel that alot of people would not understand it if they received a card like this but I love t, xxx

Barb said...

Jenny it is absolutely gorgeous. Barbxx

pam said...

Beautiful shabby chic card design Jenny, love the pretty papers and embellishments.
Pam x

Kathleen said...

You are a better man than I am .. Gunger Dinn, can't get my head round shabby chic, well it looks like you certainly have Jenny, brilliant creation and everything looks perfect.

Kath x

Sarah said...

You have got it just right Jenny, there is so much pretty texture to look at and I love the inked edges too xx

Mrs A. said...

Oh wow Jenny this is so pretty and perfectly chic. The inside is finished just as fab as the front. hugs Mrs A.

Pamellia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pamellia said...

OK, I think I'm totally in love with your shabby chic side Jenny!! Holy wowzers, this is just so beautiful!! Love the pinks of course, and all your beautiful laces and doily accents, oh my!! STUNNING!!!

While I'm here, may I just say Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Make it a Trio' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Janice said...

Hi Jenny, I don't do shabby chic (well not on purpose anyway...sometimes it ends up shabby LOL ),but you've pulled the look off really well. Looks great. Janice x
http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
This has to be the neatest "shabby" I've seen lol!
Beautifully vintage looking and inside equally so.
Hope you're doing ok chuck.
Ang x

KandA said...

This is a gorgous shabby chic card Jenny.Love all the fabulous details and the inside is wonderful too xx

Cec said...

Very pretty with a lovely shabby and vintage feel. Love your handmade magnolia - I need to CASE that. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Marty F said...

This is beautiful! I love all of the elements of your card...lots to look at.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wonderful shabby look for your mixed media card!!! Love so much this delicate and romantic look! A lot of textures and fab details!

Zoe Hillman said...

Your card is so beautiful. You should definitely tap into your shabby chic side more Jenny, it's wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Frilly & Funkie for the "Make it a trio" challenge. :)

Erika said...

This card has a lovely shabby chic vintage feel to it Jenny, love all the elements and the white splats to finish.

Hugs Erika. x

Jenny Marples said...

This is so beautiful Jenny! Love that you matched the magnolia in the picture with the floral embellishment. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x