MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Wednesday 7 August 2013

ANNIVERSARY CARD

Hi and good afternoon dear friends and visitors
Well it's a little bit cooler in my part of the UK.
A Tad windy but a girl needs to cool down now
and then doesn't she so I'm a happy bunny. lol.
I do hope the weather where you are, is to your
liking.

This morning I suddenly remembered my step
daughters anniversary is today, so I have been
busy making this card to take over to her.
Just waiting for the glue to dry a little more.
I have also been making a wedding card and
box for my Son to take to a wedding on 
Saturday.

CLICK TO ENLARGE.


Now the inside.



This is an 8x8 size card.
I distress inked my embossing folder with
Tumbled Glass Distress ink.
My flowers and leaves are a Cheryl Lynne 
Floral Die C184, I had for my Birthday in 
March, and this is the first time I have used
it.
The lovely pearls in the center of the flowers 
were given me by my lovely little blogging 
matey SueJ. Thank you Sue.
I have used the Spellbinders Grand Decorative
Circles. I do love this die.
Marianne Creatable Corner Die.
The lovely cord I threaded through the grand
circle die was from when my Dad used to do 
knitting on a knitting machine.

Thank you for your visit and wonderful
comments.
I do hope you are enjoying your Wednesday.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Lovely card Jenny, particularly your use of dies and the wonderful embossing. It's been decidedly humid here in Dorset although it has cooled down a little now, thank goodness xx

Hazel said...


Jenny, love your card, great colours

Hazel xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Jenny, love the design and the wonderful shades of blue. Your inserts are just gorgeous, just as beautiful as the outside, have a good evening. Kate x

Carole Z said...

OOh gorgeous card Jen, love the blues Carole Z X

Алексровер Анна said...

As always looks so great , in a nd outside! Love how you have used dies!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Gorgeous card and great faux letterpressing.
I'm going to have to re-think the insides of my cards but blimey, isn't it like doing three cards at once LOL???
Take care.
Ang x

Stamping With Bibiana said...

Hi jenny, Finally… I can come and visit you …your project of today is very pretty. It seems to me that every time that i come to visit you have a wedding a b'day party...anyways you must have a lot of social events...you are a busy girl...well this is good "excuses" for making cards right?
Thanks for sharing
Keep in touch
Bibiana

Planetsusie said...

Mornin' matey! I think the colour of your card is such a gorgeous shade of blue! I must admit I went into a hot flush when I thought you had suddenly made this 'cos you had remembered their anniversary. As you know I would still be thinking about what I was going to make - 'cos I just can't work as quickly as you. I just wish I had half your imagination. You never cease to amaze me matey!

Hugs to you and thank you for the 'thoughtful' cake for our anniversary - lol!!

Sue Pxxx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Jennie een prachtige kaart
Groetjes Gerrie

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, A truly lovely Anniversary card, they will love it, gorgeous shades of blue, and loving the 'faux letterpress' technique, I still haven't tried that technique yet ha ha, but it is really effective.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Sue said...

Hi Jenny! fab card as always gorgeous shades of blue love it. Had to laugh at Sue P and the 'anniversary' cake hahaha we all have to meet up one day its a must!! All our crafty club went out for a meal today oh my the restaurant was in an uproar but we had a brilliant time never laughed so much in ages it was a nice break. Will be meeting ScrappyMo soon!! and my family arrive on 16th so I'm a bit giddy LOL lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Patricia said...

Good morning Jenny,
Another stunning card, loving your letterpress background. I love using this technique.
Have a fantastic weekend

Patricia xxx