MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Friday 7 March 2014

RAF CARD

Hi and welcome to my bog, all my craft loving
friends, and visitors.

Well thank Crunchie it's Friday as the add used to
say. lol.
Now I've gone and said the C word and I fancy some chocolate. lol.

I do hope you are all keeping well, and looking
forward to a lovely weekend.
Thank you sooooooo! much for all your lovely
comments on my cards.
I am really pleased to read them all, and enjoy
what you have to say, about them.

Now today I have a card I made for my brother
in law, as it's his Birthday 4 days after mine.
He used to be a fireman in the RAF years ago,
and then went on to being a fireman in the 
steel works in Wales, before he retired.
So the old thinking cap went on again, and this
is what I came up with in a hurry as my nephew
is visiting them and is taking the card with him.

CLICK TO ENLARGE.

Now the inside.


Ingredients for this card.
A3 White card made into an 8"x8" size.
Debbie Moore CD for the papers and topper.
X Cut A5 Alphabet Die.
Di-namics Corner Die.
Spellbinders Grand Labels1 Die.
Freebie Happy Birthday Die with magazine.

Thank you again for your visit and time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

12 comments:

Patricia said...

Great card, perfect for your BIL he will love it
Have a great weekend

Patricia xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What an awesome card! Happy Friday!

cuilliesocks said...

Great card jenny, should suit your BIL very well, it's a fab image and design, hugs Kate x

Hazel said...

What a thoughtful card for your BIL he will love it. Hazel xx

Sarah said...

What a great card Jenny and I am sure it will take pride of place!! I always forget to use my CD rom collection as a source of inspiration...will try to remember in future and will probably save some pennies too!! Have a lovely weekend xx

Marie-Louise said...

This is a marvellous card Jenny. I love the backing paper and the great topper.

Sue said...

This is fabulous Jenny, a wonderful design and I am sure your Brother in law will love it too.
Hugs Sue xx

MaryH said...

You manage to find the most appropriate images for so many occasions. This is a perfect card for your BIL's specific interest. Liked the way you had this plane so very dimensional, and all the die cuts - wow! Great color choices too, and as always, you make the inside just as pretty as the outside. Well done. Again! TFS & Hugs. Happy wkend.

scrappymo! said...

Your card is fabulous I love the image and so appropriate for your brother's career path.
Love the colours and that wonderful paper and die. I see the inside is as gorgeous as ever!

Don't worry about the magazine.I am going to check for the one my girlfriend told me about over here and just see if it includes gifts. The cost to amil it makes it pricier and it takes time to go out and search for it as well...but it was so kind of you to offer. In the meantime, I live vicariously through your freebie bargains!!! lol I treated myself to a few new dies this week. I got 3 Thanks and a Happy Birthday as well as a new Spellbinders die..
And thanks to you I found Tattered Lace dies in Canada and bought the she and the horse and carriage...so now I had better draw the line on anymore crafty spending this month!

I love this wonderful card you shared today!

Carole Z said...

Jenny, this card is stunning..I love everything about it, especially the airforce blue map background, Alan will be thrilled. Now you've gone and mentioned the chocolate beginning with 'C' and despite it being about 7am, you've made me fancy one...good job we don't have any in the house...lol Have a great weekend! Carole Z X

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
What a fabulous card. The aircraft looks like its popping off the page. How chuffed is Alan going to be when he opens this eh?

Have a great weekend.
Ang x

Planetsusie said...

This is a corker matey! I love it and I am sure Alan is going to be really touched by it. The Spitfire looks as if it is going to fly right off the card. The map background and the badge are a superb touch. I lurve this one!

Big hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Have sent you an email and I was singing!!!