MY TALENTED FOLLOWERS

Jenny Lawrence

My photo
Ashford, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi and welcome to cardsarus blog spot My name is Jenny Lawrence and I live in Kent. My dear and wonderful husband Tony passed away in March 2019 We had been married for 36 years. I also lost my first Husband to the big C when I was quite young. I have 3 children and 3 stepchildren. 12 Grandchildren and 5 Great Granddaughters and 3 Great Grandsons. I have been card making for about 25 years. I have made things all my life as my Mum and Grand Mother taught me lots of hobbies. I have made my own clothes, knitted garments, hand embroidered items of clothing, and crocheted items too. I love to bake my own cakes as well.

Sunday 24 November 2013

A LITTLE BOX

Hi and welcome to my blog all my craft loving 
friends and visitors.
I do hope you have all had a great weekend.

May I welcome my newest follower to my blog,
and thank you for choosing to follow me. I do 
hope you return to see what I'm up to often.

Thank you also to my followers who continually 
visit me and make such great comments about 
my work.

The little craft fair I did with my niece wasn't a
very good success. Not many peeps came only
a few that were connected with the disabled club
she attends  and their friends. Still it was a nice
afternoon with lots of lovely disabled people
who were really lovely jolly, and friendly.

Today I have one of the little boxes I made for
the fair. This was made from my snippets left
over after I make my boxes for the 8"x8" size
cards. So you know by now what challenge this
is going into. I do love this challenge, and I have
made such a lot of new blog friends by entering it.

CLICK TO ENLARGE.

This is a 4"x4" size box.
I made the flower on top by gluing coloured
rose petals together, and adding some small
beads in the center.
Underneath the flower I layered some doilies.
Round the edge of the box I glued some 
Spellbinders Parisian Border Die cuts.

Thank you again for your visit, and time.
Lots of crafty love.  JENNY.

I would like to enter this into the following
challenges. 
http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/ 
Week 100

24 comments:

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Jenny, Sorry your craft fair didn't go as well as you had all hoped, but I bet the peeps who did attend thoroughly enjoyed your crafty goodies.
I love this little box, especially the flower, and the doilies underneath the petals add a beautiful, beautiful effect.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Hazel said...

Jenny that was not good that after all the work that had gone into setting up the craft fair people didn't come. This is one of the reasons we don't do that many now. At least the ones they came had a lovely time. Your box is lovely and again just shows what can be done with the bits that are left, plus other little bits. Hazel xx

Marie-Louise said...

Great box Jenny. Pity about the craft fair but that seems to be a common complaint about craft fairs any more. People don't seem to be interested.

Sarah said...

What a great pity that support was lacking for the Craft Fair, it's very disheartening for all those involved :0( It sounds as though you still had fun though! Fab little box and the flower is wonderful xx

Kim said...

such a cute little gift box, love the flower
Kim x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Jenny, such a beautiful design and your flower looks stunning.
Hugs Sue xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Jenny
Sorry not many folk got to see your lovely creations.
Your box is beautiful. Good luck in your challenge. Can't imagine what could beat your box.
Ang x

Sue said...

Hi my love fairy godmother, this box is totally gorgeous. Glad you had a fun time at the fayre take care and lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxxx

Rita said...

Beautiful box Jenny. Pity to hear that not many people turned up. Hugs Rita xxx

Carol L said...

Your gorgeous box is a fabulous way to use snippets! It's just beautiful! So sorry your craft fair didn't meet your expectations, but don't let it discourage you :)

scrappymo! said...

What a wonderful use of snippets...this box is beautiful. Love the rose petals witht he doily under them!!!

Sorry to hear not many came to the fair... It seems as though the smaller venues don't get the attendance but the larger venues are so expensive and your table can get lost in the vastness.

Have you ever tried a craft fair that is at a workplace? I used to work for a large corporation and we had a fair in our building at the last week of November. We had a bout 3000 employees that worked in the building (shift work). People came on their coffee break and lunch breaks and before work. We opened at 7am to 3pm. My workplace was not near any shopping so we the vendors did really well.

The crafts you showed us on your blog posts were all beatifullly made...i am sorry that you did not get the purchasers at your event.

Crafty hugs
Maureen

Алексровер Анна said...

Dear Jenny! Dont be sad, dont stop create! Life is wonderful! Your new box shows us, that you are a great artist!

Patricia said...

Good morning Jenny,
Please do not despair, Craft Fairs are a lottery (in my opinion)
Hazel and I have done some where with only a few people, we have done well. Others, the place was so full you could hardly move and we hardly sold a thing. You can never tell from one fair to the next. The other thing is what you will sell! It is different time.

Your box is great and Oh! Wow! That flower is wonderful, love, love, love, it.
Have a great day

Patricia xxxx

Irene said...

A beautiful box Jenny. The rose petals look stunning and I like the idea to place them on a doily.
luv
irene
xxxx

Di said...

Super box and I adore the flower on the doily - perfick Jenny!

Don't fret over the craft fayre, I could tell a few tales about some I went to full of hope. But, so long as everyone had a great time that makes up for it!

Hugs, Di xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Jenny, your box is beautiful and that flower is so gorgeous, what a glorious colour, love it, hugs Kate x

Carole Z said...

Hi Jenny, your box is gorgeous! So pretty! Sorry the craft fair didn't go as well as you'd hoped, it sometimes happens like that ... at least you still had a good time, hugs Carole Z xx

Darnell said...

What a lovely snippets box top, Jenny! I would think these would have been sold out in no time! I'm sorry that the fair wasn't as successful as you had hoped. If I lived nearby, I would have been there!! Hugs, Darnell

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Jenny
Jammer dat er niet veel mensen geweest zijn je heb veel werk van gemaakt.
Mensen met een handicapt zijn vaak vrolijk.
ik werk zelf in de gehandicapte zorg het is leuk en je krijgt veel voldoening in de je werk

Je doosje ziet weer mooi uit
groetjes Gerrie

Kathleen said...

This is fabulous, the flower is so stunning and I have to say that I can not make a box to save my life so I am also impressed with that.
Thank you for your comment.

Kath x

Mrs A. said...

A pretty box. I like the colour. I think a good few people have struggled this year with craft fayres. Hugs Mrs A.

Stamping With Bibiana said...

lovely box, that flower is gorgeous...and sorry to hear about the low turn out! sadly economics aren't good every place in the world...TFS
hugs bibiana

Sarn said...

Morning Jenny . . . what a gorgeous looking box. Such a shame you didn't get good attendance at the craft fair. Better luck next time.

Hugs
Sarn x

Debs Willis said...

Such a shame about the craft fair, especially as they're so much work. Lovely box, I went with a box this week too for my snippets make!
Hugs
Debs x